From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Major update problem
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 13:11:07
Hi,
I am now using a new motherboard and processor - change from amd duo to intel
quad.
All seems to be working well except my previous post ref eth3.  However, I am
having problems updating my programs.
eix-sync went well and portage updated to 2.1.9.37
I then do an emerge -auvtDN --keep-going world and I get hundreds of blocked
packages for kde e.g.
[blocks B     ] kde-base/kwrite:4.5[-kdeprefix] ("kde-base/kwrite:4.5[-
kdeprefix]" is blocking kde-base/kwrite-4.6.0)

I seem to have the current kde 4.5.5 required by @selected e.g.

  (kde-base/kdebase-meta-4.5.5, installed) pulled in by
    kde-base/kdebase-meta required by @selected
    kde-base/kdebase-meta:4.5 required by @selected

What is @selected, I have never heard of this before, do I need to change
something? I can't seem to find this referenced in any documentation.

Thanks for any help
Paul
PS attached emerge --info
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.

emerge_info text/plain