From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How do I choose a second window manager?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:18:27
1 On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Yep. And so small I built it by the time your response came back and
4 > am answering your message from within it. Granted, black screen and
5 > the menus don't see any of the apps I have installed, so that's the
6 > same old problem. Isn't there some app for automatically picking up
7 > apps on putting the menu together auto-magically?
8 >
9 > Cheers,
10 > Mark
11
12 "The Xfce 4 Appfinder is part of the Xfce 4 Desktop Environment and
13 features application search on the whole system. It searches for
14 .desktop files based on the freedesktop spec and makes an index of the
15 found apps."
16
17 Source: xfce website:
18 http://www.xfce.org/documentation/4.2/manuals/xfce4-appfinder
19
20 Does Gentoo use these .desktop files?