From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.0.4 upgrade, sort of.
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:31:42
1 2008/5/30 David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>:
2
3 > On Friday 30 May 2008 22:10:00 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
4 > > On Freitag, 30. Mai 2008, David Leverton wrote:
5 > > oh really?
6 > >
7 > > I don't think so.
8 >
9 > You also "think" that
10 > * it's Paludis's fault that the maintainers of some of the overlays I use
11 > chose to commit eclasses with the same names as those in the tree
12 > * package.mask syntax, that I explicitly stated was supported by Portage
13 > when
14 > I first mentioned it, is invalid
17 is portage would admit commiting of changes to its eclasses that would be
18 avoided. if someone needs a big eclass like the kde4-base for example, but
19 would need to change a little thing in it what should he do?! this
20 overriding is good and is done in much places in programming and also in
21 this case should not be a bother since would just be read for the specific
22 overlay that ovverrides it. but if portage is so dumb to not be able to
23 understand that maybe portage mantainers should do it. portage also has the
24 faculty of mantaining overlays and thus this behavior should be normal.
27 dott. ing. beso