From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice 2 compiles?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:32:34
1 Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de> skribis:
2 > Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at> wrote:
3 > > Well, I disagree that the code needs a full rewrite. Why? All it needs
4 > > is correcting all places where it attempts to store pointers in 32-bit
5 > > variables....
6 >
7 > I am no programmer and what you say sure is correct but of what i listened
8 > from some OOo devs is that some parts (big or small) need rewrite to
9 > get stable on amd64.
10
11 I speak programmer. This is jargon meaning the code is so complicated
12 and/or so poorly understood that it might be easier, faster, more
13 reliable, better in the long run, and more personally rewarding to
14 rewrite. :)
17 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
18 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org
19 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that
20 part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.