From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB flash drive mount point fun
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:31:27
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:45:10 -0700, Bob Sanders wrote:
3 >
4 >> My guess is if you get rid of ivman, this will not occur anymore. Of
5 >> course you're back to old, boring, reliable, manual mounting/umounting
6 >> of removeable devices.
7 >
8 > Except that KDE will handle it automatically without ivman. It is
9 > possible that KDE and ivman are fighting over the drive, causing the
10 > repeated remounting. Get rid of ivman, let KDE do it all itself and see
11 > whether the problem persists.
15 Yep I bet this is the case. I've never had a problem with this before
16 with it like this, but that doesn't mean anything in my world.
20 Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
21 fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum
24 Mark Haney
25 Sr. Systems Administrator
26 ERC Broadband
27 (828) 350-2415
28
29 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
30 --
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list