From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 kernel and clock problem
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:54:01
1 I just compiled (using make oldconfig) the 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 kernel
2 upgrading from 2.6.14-gentoo-r5. I was testing kexec and after going to
3 the new kernel with kexec, I noticed my clock was running fast again. I
4 then proceeded to pass 'no_timer_check' to it through the kexec config
5 file and did another reboot. When that didn't fix it, I thought that
6 kexec didn't pass the kernel param properly so I did a complete reboot
7 with that param in grub.conf. Even after that, the clock is fast. Is
8 there something in the .15 kernel that breaks that param? Is there
9 another way to fix it?
12 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
13
14 Mark Haney
15 Sr. Systems Administrator
16 ERC Broadband