From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Java puzzles on AMD64
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 18:03:10
1 On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2008/5/22 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> >
6 >> >
7 >> > 2008/5/22 Sven Köhler <skoehler@×××.de>:
8 >> >>>
9 >> >>> konqueror and nautilus should be able to read the 64bit sun-jdk or
10 >> >>> sun-jre natively. for flash to work gnash or try out nsplugin-wrapper
11 >> >>> with
12 >> >>> the official adobe flash player.
13 >> >>
14 >> >> There's still not 64-Bit Java Plug-in, i think.
15 >> >> So if konqueror or nautilus don't have there own plugin implementation
16 >> >> (i
17 >> >> don't think so) then it won't run either.
18 >> >>
19 >> >
20 >> > i've heard that the openjdk project (the opensource java, based on the
21 >> > source code realeased by sun) has created a 64bit plugin named iced tea
22 >> > that
23 >> > is able to run almost any java applet around. i've still got to test it
24 >> > myselft but it should work. the only problem is that you'll have to find
25 >> > an
26 >> > overlay that has the openjdk and icedtea packages since it is still not
27 >> > included into main portage tree.
28 >> >
29 >> > --
30 >> > dott. ing. beso
31 >>
32 >> Thanks for the clues. Off to investigate.
33 >>
34 >> Cheers,
35 >> Mark
36 >> --
37 >> gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list
40 > please let me know on how it goes. i'll do the same as soon as i finish my
41 > fresh 2008.0 reinstall (i had some big incongruences in my system and
42 > decided to go with fresh install).
45 Beso,
46 Will do. Only thing of any use I've found so far is this promising link:
47
48 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-615533.html
49
50 I plan to try it this afternoon after the markets close. Currently I'm
51 in windows trying to make some money.
52
53 Cheers,
54 Mark
55 --