From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] cups problem
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:44:25
1 On Tuesday 26 September 2006 16:50, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 9/26/06, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > I am trying to get my printer working and have installed cups. When I
5 > > start cupsd I get the following message:-
6 > > /etc/init.d/cupsd start
7 > > * Starting cupsd ...
8 > > cupsd: Child exited on signal 15!
9 >
10 > Paul,
11 > If you haven't fixed it then emerge -C cups AND delete the existing
12 > /etc/cupsd directory. Then re-emerge cups and try starting cups.
13 Thanks to Mark, Duncan and Kirby, for your help, sorry for the delay in
14 replying.
15
16 Reinstalling cups did the trick
17
18 Paul
21 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list