From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.2.4 and kdeprefix
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:50:10
1 On 06/23/2009 09:40 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Dienstag 23 Juni 2009, Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> Okay, I took a week off to hit my beach house in the Outer Banks and now
4 >> I'm back and ready to roll. I was in the middle of my KDE 4.2.4 upgrade
5 >> when I left (most is done, just a few things like kdeedu-meta need to be
6 >> merged) and now I find that when I get back and sync up, doing a update
7 >> of kdeedu-meta-4.2.4 has the '-kdeprefix' as a new use flag. I didn't
8 >> see this before. Is this now a required USE flag for KDE?
9 >>
10 >> If so I need to blow away my existing packages and build everything new,
11 >> so what's the best way to do that with the minimum of fuss?
12 >
13 > kdeprefix has been masked ( a simple grep for it in /usr/portage/porfiles
14 > would have told you that).
15 >
16 > And yes, you have to start new.
17 >
18 > The savest way is to deinstall all kde packages - I didn't do that (in fact, I
19 > even had kde running while doing the switch), and it was ok.
20 >
21 > Either way, kdeprefix is gone.
22
23 I'm baffled. This should have at least deserved some announcement. I'm
24 subscribed to mailing lists and all the feeds on gentoo.org (Planet
25 Gentoo and whatever.) Silence. This is not good. Someone has to
26 inform us every now and then about what's going on, even if it's just a
27 one-liner written posted in 10 seconds....