From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Libjpeg-Turbo Drops Newer ABIs
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 07:17:59
1 02.08.2013 22:28, Mark Knecht пишет:
2 >> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> To clear up the possible confusion - when the default for a virtual is
4 >> changed users who already have the virtual satisfied will not be
5 >> prompted to switch packages (and rebuild half their system in the
6 >> process). So, if you already have jpeg installed nothing will pull in
7 >> libjpeg-turbo.
8 >>
9 >> If you want to switch you'll have to do it manually. I seem to recall
10 >> some discussion back when things were changed - not sure if there was
11 >> a news item.
12 >>
13 >> Rich
14 >>
15 > Thanks Rich. That's what I guessed in my response to Canek.
16 >
17 > It's an interesting point though. Frank stated it's the 'default', but
18 > I guess it's really only the default for new installs. Seems like this
19 > is possibly a job for some eselect processor?
20
21 Nope, eselect has nothing to do here, it allows you to choose from
22 multiple implementations, installed in parallel. Although we can do such
23 thing with jpeg, i am not sure if it is worth it.
26 Best regards, Sergey Popov
27 Gentoo developer
28 Gentoo Desktop-effects project lead
29 Gentoo Qt project lead
30 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead