From: Samir Mishra <sqmishra@×××.ae>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] glibc-2.3.6-r3/glibc-2.4-r1 Compile Fail
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:38:15
[Trying to get this message on to mailing list one more time (sigh)...
apologies in advance if duplicates of this message show up on mailing
list some time in the future.]

Hello all,

The installation CD is still in the drive, I started installation with a
stage3-amd64+multilib-2006.0 and have thus far only upgraded gcc-3.4.4-?
to gcc-3.4.5.

I'm trying to set up a hardened system with gcc-4.1.0 &
glibc-2.3.6/glibc-2.4 is a prerequisite. Unfortunately compile of
glibc-2.3.6-r3 is dying with a "_rtld_global_ro" error. And glibc-2.4.r1
is also failing. I would very much appreciate hearing from anyone who's
been successful in installing a similar setup.

I'll gladly provide more details as needed, reason I haven't done so in
this email because this seems to be an error that tends to pop up
frequently.

TIA.
Samir.