From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] best windowmanager
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:42:26
On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 13:29 +0000, DR GM SEDDON wrote:
> Hi, > Previously I have always used windowmaker as my desktop, however this > does not start my applications on Gentoo. When I try and start an > app. nothing happens; no error. Also when I double click the desktop > conf icon it turns white and nothing happens but wmaker starts ok. So > rather than worry about fixing this I thought I'd try anew. >
try removing your ~/Gnustep directory. Next you can try to use a menu generator to help you find new apps emerge genmenu then run it. If nothing of this help you try to run a random app in a terminal then figure the error.
You can try xfce4( CDE look and feel), fluxbox or another *box wm, ion is a great WM(a wonderful concept imo) or enlightenment. All these wm are available in portage. A good resource to wm is http://www.plig.org/xwinman/ and of course http://forums.gentoo.org. -- Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o> http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod Gentoo Linux Developer: AMD64,Printing,Media-Optical,Xmms -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list