kmail-3.5.0-rc1 crashes when trying to retrieve POP3 mail, here. If
there's no mail to retrieve, it's fine. The crashes have resulted in a
number of different messages to a konsole used to invoke kmail,
including sig-11/segv, sig-6/abrt, and an error having to do with
mime/base64 decoding, something about an inline pad character encountered.
Reverting (using emerge --nodeps to keep from reverting a bunch of other
stuff) to kmail-3.5.0-beta2 got me up and working again, with no issues.
Other unstable/testing-masked packages here, that may play a part:
glibc-2.3.6, gcc-4.0.2 and associated binutils updates. -beta2 was
compiled with gcc-4.0.2 and the newer binutils, and works fine, however,
so that isn't it unless there's an issue with a code change between
kmail beta2 and rc1. glibc could be implicated, however, as I was running
a 220.127.116.115mmdd snapshot until just before I did the rc1 compile. (I had
started the rc1 merge, but had issues with unfound tarballs, so resynced,
and the glibc update came in with the resync as well as the kde ebuild
unfound tarball issue resolution. Yes, I ran into the glibc symlink issue
but fortunately was able to resolve it and that's another story anyway.)
glibc-2.3.6-rc1 is available for merge according to portage, but I've not
merged it yet.
Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
"Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list