From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-announce] Portage 1.8.5 released
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:44:09
1 Yes
2
3 Really cool could be function which updates the system automatically in
4 background... as cronjob or something similar.
5 But for this we need a function which reports errors through sendmail or
6 a mailserver to the admin of this system. It could be cool to update
7 these packages with nearly non priority to get a allways up-to-date
8 system.
9 Only an idea
10
11 And yes, it the greatest Linux ever used!
12
13 Regards
14
15 Sebastian
16
17 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
18 Von: gentoo-announce-admin@g.o
19 [mailto:gentoo-announce-admin@g.o] Im Auftrag von Joshua Hansen
20 Gesendet: Montag, 14. Januar 2002 08:29
21 An: gentoo-announce@g.o
22 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-announce] Portage 1.8.5 released
23
24 *tingles* Yessssss!
25
26 Will it also do clean up of the old packages after the update? I
27 remember the previous --update not doing that before and I had to do
28 manual cleanup.
29
30 If I haven't said it before... this is the coolest distro of Linux I
31 have ever touched. Proved by the fact that it's my only Linux desktop
32 that's lasted for more than a week.
33
34 Joshua
35