From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] Students, get paid to work on Gentoo this summer!
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:13:13
Gentoo has been accepted for its 6th consecutive year in the Google
Summer of Code! GSoC pays college students $5000 to work full-time on an
open-source project for a summer. Check out our GSoC 2011 homepage [1]
if you are interested in this year's GSoC for Gentoo. We particularly
encourage applications from students who are new to Gentoo
development—many of our students become Gentoo developers after a
successful summer.

Interested students can browse Gentoo's project ideas [2]. Student
applications are now open, and they'll be accepted until 1900 UTC on
April 8. That's just over a week away, so don't delay; get in touch with
us now if you want to apply.

1. http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/gentoo
2. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/soc/ideas.xml

--