From: Ryan Thompson <ryan@××××××××××××.ws>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-announce] Device File System
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:14:40
9 John Copeland wrote:
15 12. Installalling the kernel and system
16 logger
17
18  says to enable the "Device File sysem"
19 I can't find a reference to DEVFS anywhere in the menuconfig.  If I look
20 at the .config file I find CONFIG_DEVFS_FS is not set, CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT
21 is not set immediately after CONFIG_PROC_FS=y.
25 This is my 2nd run at this.  The first
26 compile would not work; said kernel needs devfs and it wasn't compiled in.
30 Can someone help here?  Am I missing something?
34 Thanks,
35
36 John Copeland