From: Ryan Thompson <ryan@××××××××××××.ws>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-announce] Device File System
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:14:40

John Copeland wrote:
12. Installalling the kernel and system logger  says to enable the "Device File sysem"  I can't find a reference to DEVFS anywhere in the menuconfig.  If I look at the .config file I find CONFIG_DEVFS_FS is not set, CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT is not set immediately after CONFIG_PROC_FS=y.   This is my 2nd run at this.  The first compile would not work; said kernel needs devfs and it wasn't compiled in.   Can someone help here?  Am I missing something?   Thanks, John Copeland