From: Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] KDE 3.0.1 released for Gentoo Linux
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:23:16
1 Greetings!
2
3 It's with great honor and pleasure that the Gentoo Linux KDE team (danarmak
4 and me) present you KDE 3.0.1!
5
6 *crowd goes wild*
7
8 As official KDE packager, we now get the tarballs a few weeks before the
9 actual release, which gives us a lot more time to test and tweak the ebuilds,
10 before releasing them to the broad Gentoo public.
11 Ofcourse, any problems you have with the ebuilds should be reported asap to
12 Danarmak (danarmak@g.o) and/or to me (verwilst@g.o).
13
14 For the first time ever, (as some of you might have noticed already), we have
15 a dir on kde.org, where our i586 and i686 binary packages will be put..
16 Because of some time-related issues, our binaries aren't ready yet, so
17 everybody with a little bit of time on their hands, and a nice fast CPU, ...,
18 should contact me, to discuss the creation of the binaries (with specific USE
19 flags and CFLAGS). Or, you can always sponsor me so i can buy a faster pc
20 myself ;o) *hint*
21
22 KDE 3.0.1 is primarily a translation/bugfix release for KDE 3.0, which shipped
23 in early April. In addition, KDE 3.0.1 offers a number of performance and
24 usability enhancements. For an extended list of changes since KDE 3.0, please
25 see http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog3_0to3_0_1.html.
26
27 Enjoy it, and thanks for using KDE! :o)
30 Bart Verwilst
31 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
32 Gent, Belgium