From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] ibiblio.org downtime
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:23:24
-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Don Sizemore <dls@×××××××××××.edu>
Subject: ibiblio.org downtime
Date: 10 Feb 2002 23:10:08 -0500

  Hi all,

  Please excuse the impersonal mass email -- ibiblio.org went down for
maintenance and various system upgrades yesterday, and came back fine.
As soon as our poor admins were ready to go home, the machine suffered
a major hardware failure.

  We have recreated /pub/Linux and are restoring it as quickly as
possible, but it may be a day or two before we have everything
completely restored.  In short, we are painfully aware of the problem,
and are working on it.  Please accept our apologies for the outage.

  Thanks,
  Donald                                          ibiblio.org
                                          formerly known as SunSITE
  919.843.8215                                     and stoof.