List Archive: gentoo-announce
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
A new batch of ebuilds is on cvs. This changes yet again the way qt and kde
ebuilds work. This time, though it really should be final. I'm sorry about
any inconveniences caused.
1) emerge --clean rsync (or cvs update); the --clean is important here.
2) merge x11-libs/qt, kde-base/kdelibs, kde-base/kdebase in that order.
3) unmerge all versions of x11-libs/qt-x11 and all but the latest versions of
kde-base/kdelibs and kde-base/kdebase.
4) If any QT/KDe program doesn't work, try remerging it and unmerging the
previous revision. If that doesn't help, post here.
Summary of some of the more important changes:
1. i18n ebuilds have been added for kde 2.2.2 and koffice 1.1.1; they are in
the app-i18n directory.
2. All kde/qt ebuilds should now be working, with or without the kde/qt use
flags. Lots of fixes have gone in.
3. All non-latest revision ebuilds have been removed.
4. objprelink support has been removed. However, it will be back in the form
of general prelinking support for all apps!
5. The x11-libs/qt-x11 ebuild has been broken up; there is now an x11-libs/qt
ebuild which installs the libs and tools, and a app-doc/qt-docs ebuild which
installs the documentatio, tutorials, examples etc. and is only needed by
developers of QT apps.
6. Anyone's who's working with inheriting ebuilds, please read
/usr/portage/eclass/doc/news.txt and (re)read howto.*.
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team