List Archive: gentoo-announce
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
linux-sources-2.4.17-r4 is here, and includes the following changes from
* xfs was updated from "26 Jan 2002" to "13 Feb 2002"
* ide patch updated from "01192002" to "02072002"
* preempt patch was updated from 2.4.17-1 to 2.4.17-3
* irqrate-a1 was removed (closing bug #396 and possibly others)
* acpi-20020208-2.4.17 was added but then removed. It conflicts with
stock aic7xxx SCSI driver and a bunch of other stuff; bug report sent
"upstream" to their bug tracker at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/acpi and also recorded in our bug
tracker at http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=689 . We will add
this patch back once these various issues have been resolved.
Generally, everyone should upgrade but those who have had no problems
with -r3 and need the updated ACPI functionality in -r3 should probably
stay where they are.
Daniel Robbins <email@example.com>
Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
Gentoo Technologies, Inc.