From: Ivan Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-au@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-au] BarCamp Brisbane
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:22:37
More stuff for the Brisbane people among us.

http://barcamp.org/BarCampBrisbane

If people want me to stop putting these things on the mailing list,
tell me.  I'm getting all of them straight from the
general@××××××××××××××××.au mailing list (this email was forwarded to
that list by someone else, btw).

Hello Fellow Queenslanders!

I'm writing to you because I think you might be interested in the
concept of BarCamp: an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for
people
to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with
discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.

Organisation for a BarCamp includes finding a few sponsors who will
provide a venue, Internet access, food and drink. Barcamps are
sometimes
2 days events so most people bring a sleeping bag and stay overnight,
the venue provider should be able to cater for this if we decide on
this
format.

We've started the organisation for BarCampBrisbane, there is similar
work going on BarCampMelbourne, BarCampCanberra & BarCampSydney. The
event will obviously take place somewhere in Brisbane and we will
hopefully synchronise our event with one of the other states and hook
up
with them in some way during the weekend.

We welcome any questions you might have about this, and encourage you
forward this email to anyone you feel might be interested. For further
information, please see the BarCamp wiki pages:

http://barcamp.org/http://barcamp.org/BarCampAustraliahttp://barcamp.org/BarCampBrisbane

We also now have our own site athttp://barcampbrisbane.organd a
easy to get involved.

Kind regards,