From: Ivan Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-au@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-au] BarCamp Brisbane
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:22:37
1 More stuff for the Brisbane people among us.
2
3 http://barcamp.org/BarCampBrisbane
4
5 If people want me to stop putting these things on the mailing list,
6 tell me. I'm getting all of them straight from the
7 general@××××××××××××××××.au mailing list (this email was forwarded to
8 that list by someone else, btw).
9
10 =================================================
11
12 Hello Fellow Queenslanders!
13
14 I'm writing to you because I think you might be interested in the
15 concept of BarCamp: an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for
16 people
17 to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with
18 discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.
19
20 Organisation for a BarCamp includes finding a few sponsors who will
21 provide a venue, Internet access, food and drink. Barcamps are
22 sometimes
23 2 days events so most people bring a sleeping bag and stay overnight,
24 the venue provider should be able to cater for this if we decide on
25 this
26 format.
27
28 We've started the organisation for BarCampBrisbane, there is similar
29 work going on BarCampMelbourne, BarCampCanberra & BarCampSydney. The
30 event will obviously take place somewhere in Brisbane and we will
31 hopefully synchronise our event with one of the other states and hook
32 up
33 with them in some way during the weekend.
34
35 We welcome any questions you might have about this, and encourage you
37 forward this email to anyone you feel might be interested. For further
38 information, please see the BarCamp wiki pages:
39
40 http://barcamp.org/http://barcamp.org/BarCampAustraliahttp://barcamp.org/BarCampBrisbane
41
42 We also now have our own site athttp://barcampbrisbane.organd a