From: Joe Peterson <joe@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-bsd] TCP (FTP) problem - some sites - while emerging
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:27:52
1 There are a couple of threads about similar TCP issues, and one did
2 mention windowing. I did try turning off rfc1323 windowing per
3 instructions I saw, but it did not help. I also noted that Nathan Smith
4 (post: http://scriptstest.gentoo.org/gentoo-bsd/msg_00121.xml) also said
5 playing with and turning off windowing did not seem to help.
6
7 Nathan went further and captured packets, noting that ones from the
8 Gentoo/FreeBSD system had bad checksums (they were mangled somehow).
9 Another common experience is that regular FreeBSD does not have the
10 problem - it is somehow specific to Gentoo/FreeBSD. A reliable test
11 case I found is trying to FTP to ftp.astron.com - never works.
12
13 Thanks, Joe
16 Justin Wyer wrote:
17 > Hi Joe, if you check the list archives you will find a thread about the same
18 > problem. It is essentially a TCP window scaling issue, you can check the
19 > archive for details, I am unsure if a solution was found.
20 --
21 gentoo-bsd@g.o mailing list