From: Joe Peterson <joe@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-bsd] TCP (FTP) problem - some sites - while emerging
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:05:44
1 Hi Nathan, curios: did you get errors like the following when using
2 gcc-config to switch to gcc-3?:
3
4 /usr/bin/gcc-config: line 390: eend: command not found
5 /usr/bin/gcc-config: line 394: ewarn: command not found
6 /usr/bin/gcc-config: line 395: ewarn: command not found
7 /usr/bin/gcc-config: line 397: ewarn: command not found
8
9 These scripts are in /lib/rcscripts/bin, but strange that the path is
10 not set to find them.
11
12 -Joe
13
14 Nathan Smith wrote:
15 > 1. I emerged =sys-devel/gcc-3*.
16 > 2. Used gcc-config to set gcc-3 as the system compiler
17 > 3. Edited the freebsd-sources ebuild to remove the gcc41 patch.
18 > 4. Emerged freebsd-sources
19 > 5. Compiled the kernel and rebooted to find I could make normal TCP
20 > connections to anyone, anywhere.
21 >
22 > So gcc-4.1 seems to be the culprit here. I will check FreeBSD's
23 > archives to see if this has come up, but I wonder if they have moved
24 > to gcc4 yet anyway. So, give what I posted above a try an let me know
25 > how it worked for you.
28 gentoo-bsd@g.o mailing list