From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] a couple of questions about catalyst operation
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 04:08:44
1 Hi. I am new to catalyst, and I have a few questions.
2
3 It seems that during the build, MAKEOPTS is being set to -j8 and that is
4 too much for my quadcore machine -- I am getting temperature warnings.
5 I tried to put export MAKEOPTS="-j1" in the catalystrc, but that did not
6 work.
7
8 Also, when genkernel was run I got * ERROR: Configure of dmraid failed!
9 -- I don't know why, I don't have raid on the host, would that have
10 anything to do with things?
11
12 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
15 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 How do
17 you spend it?
18
19 John Covici