From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Setting generation 1 and generation 2 Java VMs in stage 1
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:19:47
1 Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 >> You are missing the important things that people are telling you. Unless
3 >> you are using the snapshot that corresponds to the 2006.0 stage3, you
4 >> shouldn't be using it as a seed for livecd-stage1. Instead, you should be
5 >> building your own stage 1, 2, and 3.
6 >
7 > I have created a snapshot using my portage and the snapshot_template.spec and
8 > catalyst have put this inside /var/tmp/catalyst/snapshots
9 >
10 >> Use your snapshot and the 2006.0 stage3 as a seed for your stage1. Then use
11 >> the resulting stage3 as a seed for the livecd-stage1.
12 >
13 > I am lost :( .. the resulting of my snapshot and the 2006.0 stage3 should be
14 > a stage1. How can i get the stage3 needed for livecd-stage1?
15
16 I said it above. You need to build your own stage 1, 2, and 3. After you build a
17 stage1, you build a stage2 from the stage1, and then a stage3 from the stage2.
18 Building stages is the easiest part of catalyst. The specs files are dead simple
19 and only a few lines long.
22 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
26 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list