From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Binary package dependencies and update_seed
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:00:53
1 On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 02:53:23PM -0400, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 > > Wouldn't disabling the use of binary packages during the seed stage
3 > > update fix this?
6 > I'm not sure I'd call rebuilding it every time a "fix" when you just
7 > rejected deleting the bad packages and rebuilding ONCE.
8 >
9 > As I said, the only proper fix is to update the toolchain to EAPI5. We
10 > could live in the dark ages forever, but I really don't think it helps
11 > anyone.
12
13 I'd be quite happy to have to toolchain move to EAPI5. I suspect we
14 need an interim solution until that happens ;).
15
16 I also don't think EAPI5 sub-slots fix this problem, since GCC
17 wouldn't RDEPEND on a particular sub-slot of mpc, even if both
18 packages used EAPI5. RDEPEND describes potential source
19 compatability, but we need to record the actual ABI linkage (which is
20 a subset of the source compatability).
21
22 Cheers,
23 Trevor
26 This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org).