From: Georg Lippold <georg.lippold@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Auto Login
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:04:05
1 If it's O.K. that your default user is root and you su to the other user
2 and start X for him, try this in /root/.bashrc
3
4 #!/bin/sh
5 mkdir /tmp/usbmount
6 while true
7 do
8 FS=`blkid -c /dev/null | cut -d: -f1`
9 for i in ${FS}
10 do
11 mount -t auto ${i} /tmp/usbmount
12 if [ -f /tmp/usbmount/userid ]
13 then
14 USER=`cat /tmp/usbmount/userid`
15 umount /tmp/usbmount
16 echo "Found userid $USER"
17 echo "Please remove your stick now."
18 sleep 10
19 su $USER -c "startx"
20 else
21 umount /tmp/usbmount
22 fi
23 done
24 sleep 10
25 done
26 rmdir /tmp/usbmount
27
28 Greetings,
29
30 Georg
31
32 Andreas Rueckert wrote:
33 > Hi!
34 >
35 > On Friday 09 September 2005 21:05, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
36 >
37 > --<snip>--
40 >>Here's what I do:
41 >>
42 >>echo "[Desktop]" > /home/gentoo/.dmrc
43 >>echo "Session=gnome" >> /home/gentoo/.dmrc
44 >>chown -R 1000:100 /home/gentoo
45 >>
46 >>Remember that session managers do *not* read .xinitrc, but read .dmrc
47 >>instead. I honestly don't know why it doesn't work as it is supposed
48 >>to, but I do know that this solution works.
51 > Kinda OT, but somewhat related: does anyone a trick to wait for a USB event,
52 > before the user is logged in? I'd like to identify a user via USB stick or
53 > maybe chipcard, before he is logged in.
54 >
55 > TIA,
56 > Andreas
57 --