From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] netboot2 target population
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:29:34
1 netboot2-copyfile.sh is quite clearly copying the files identified in my
2 spec into /tmp/image/ within the chroot. However:
3
4 - I have not found the code or directive to genkernel which is
5 intended to be responsible for including those files in the generated
6 initramfs.
7 - Since the chroot's /tmp/ is cleaned out during the clean sequence,
8 the entire operation's intended output is not available for inspection
9 after-the-fact [without patching code, of course]
10 - The location I specify with netboot2/overlay is used to populate the
11 base of the chroot, not the /tmp/image subdirectory of the chroot which
12 supposedly will become the initramfs.
13
14 I'm happy to implement any necessary changes myself, but I would
15 appreciate guidance on The Right Way to fix these issues, such that my
16 output may be mergable upstream.
17
18 Thank you!
21 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list