From: "Simon Schäfer" <SirTwist@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] problem creating a base iso
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:37:01
1 Hello there
2 I'm trying to create a simple base image for a gamecd. Therefor i need a base
3 system with an opengl enabled XServer (no windowmanager). I do remember that
4 there where some gentoo livecd's back when ut2003 (a livecd containing the
5 demo which automatically starts the game after bootup) came out that had all
6 i need preselection of nvidia/ati and simple startup of the game. Now i want
7 to create a base iso where i only need to add the game itself, and everything
8 else is just working so i came up this project.
9
10 I already tried various configurations and examples (from the CVS) first 2
11 attempts failed in stage1, second one got me an image that was a little to
12 big (~600MB) and my last attempt got me a livecd ~133MB but without X and the
13 opengl stuff. I read the catalyst manual on your page and found some hints
14 that there might be a gamecd target but i did not found any hint how the spec
15 files for those look like (nor how I add some packages,...).
16
17 it would be really cool if someone could help me out with this a basic example
18 of such a game-livecd.spec
19
20 Greetings
21 Simon