From: Chris White <chris.chriswhite@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] ship /usr/portage with stage4
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:55:34
1 On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Burak Arslan <burak.arslan@××××××××××.tr>wrote:
2
3 > Hi there,
4 >
5 > I've set up my first stage4 catalyst job and everything seems to be in
6 > order.
7 >
8 > My final gripe with it is that I couldn't get it to ship the contents of
9 > /usr/portage inside the stage4 tarball. Having looked at the source, I
10 > guess that's because the latest portage snapshot is mount --bind'ed to the
11 > chroot environment, which is unmounted before creating the tarball.
12 >
13 > Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious here?
16 Yes, you need to disable snapcache in your catalyst config `options` value:
17
18 # snapcache = cache the snapshot so that it can be bind-mounted into the
19 chroot.
20 # WARNING: moving parts of the portage tree from within fsscript *will*
21 break
22 # your cache. The cache is unlinked before any empty or rm processing,
23 though.
24 #
25
26 In general I tend to keep a different catalyst config for stage 4 and stage
27 1-3, passing in the appropriate config file using `-c`
28
29 - Chris