From: Fred Elno <raptor@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] mkisofs failed with "Unknown charset" error
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 09:10:40
1 Hi the list,
2
3 I'm actually trying to build a livecd using catalyst, every thing goes right until I reach the last step, the iso
4 generating process with mkisofs.
5
6 mkisofs failed with this error: "Unknown charset"
7 and then he give me a list of known charsets
8
9 The livecd use a squashfs loop and the command passed to mkisofs is this:
10
11 mkisofs -J -R -l -V "catalyst 2008.0" -o /tmp/install-amd64.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat
12 -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table /home/ftp/catalyst/builds/default/livecd-stage2-amd64-2008.0/
13
14 Because it is the last step of the livecd creation process and everything before goes right, I've tryed to run the
15 command manually:
16
17 mkisofs -J -R -l -V "catalyst 2008.0" -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
18 -boot-info-table -o /tmp/install-amd64.iso /home/ftp/catalyst/builds/default/livecd-stage2-amd64-2008.0/
19
20 and in this way everything is working.
21
22 I have found that the error must come from the -l option which is passed with catalyst, when I manually run the
23 command, -l option change the charset to ISO-8859-1 which one is found in my locale, but when the command is run from
24 catalyst
25 the script failed and mkisofs is unable to find my ISO-8859-1 charset from my locale.
26
27 Did someone have an idea about something I have missed, perhaps an argument in my stage2 spec file?
28
29 Thanks.
30
31 http://www.drakonix.fr