From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Python 3 support
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:20:44
1 On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:33:28PM +0200, Dmitry Selyutin wrote:
2 > Even more, I'd like to avoid some generators and provide this
3 > support manually: I've always hated generators, especially code
4 > generators (and GUI ones).
5
6 Generators? Are you referring to 2to3? I think anyone converting a
7 Python project from Python 2 to Python 3 would be cray not to use it.
8 They'd also be crazy if they just assumed that it generated optimal
9 code ;). It's best to run it, and then go double check to make sure
10 all the changes are meaningful. Keep stuff like [1]:
11
12 - raise CatalystError, "Could not open file " + filename
13 + raise CatalystError("Could not open file " + filename)
14
15 but drop stuff like:
16
17 - for x in self.values.keys():
18 + for x in list(self.values.keys()):
19
20 Cheers,
21 Trevor
22
23 [1]: Although see 305cde6 (Massive pyflakes import cleanup and broken
24 CatalystError calls, 2013-01-19) in dolsen's branch. There will
25 also be lots of `print ...` → `print(...)` changes, which are
26 needed unless we replaced them with calls to a logging logger
27 [2].
28 [2]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.catalyst/2085/focus=2103
31 This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org).
32 For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy