From: "Kuzminsky
To: "gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o" <gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] genkernel-next instead of genkernel?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 21:29:31
1 Hello catalysts, I need to build a systemd-based stage4 with a kernel.
4 I think this means I need to provide a binary kernel package "out of band" as suggested in the catalyst HOWTO, or switch catalyst to use genkernel-next.
7 I prefer to teach catalyst to use genkernel-next, because it simplifies my build system to have catalyst do everything. Iit was pretty easy to get this going. I'm attaching my tiny patches (against the 2.X branch) as a starting place. These patches switch catalyst entirely away from genkernel and to genkernel-next, which does what I need but is a little heavy handed...
10 If this looks like a useful approach i'll be happy to try to integrate these changes more cleanly, perhaps by letting the user select (in the catalyst-spec) between genkernel and -next.
13 Feedback is welcome.
18 Sebastian Kuzminsky

0002-accept-any-version-of-genkernel.patch text/x-patch
0001-emerge-genkernel-next-instead-of-genkernel.patch text/x-patch