From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] DHCP
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:46:17
1 hmm... I'm getting an error after auto-scrambling root password for security
4 Error, dhcpConfig: ioctl SIOCADDRT: File exists
5
6 does this meain anything to anyone?
7
8 On 8/10/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
9 >
10 > On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 18:40 -0400, Caleb Cushing wrote:
11 > > do I need to run dhcpcd to have the livecd get dhcp? it says probing
12 > > for dhcp without it using auto configure however that doesn't seem to
13 > > work?
14 >
15 > Is it detecting your network card?
16 >
17 > Have you read the Gentoo Handbook, specifically the portion on
18 > "net-setup"? The LiveCD environment doesn't always setup ethernet
19 > automatically. Sometimes, it simply fails.
20 >
21 > --
22 > Chris Gianelloni
23 > Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
24 > x86 Architecture Team
25 > Games - Developer
26 > Gentoo Linux