From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] When you are right you are right
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:50:56
1 On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 08:20 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > Ok Chris when you are right you are right. Being able to su to root
3 > was not the answer I needed. Well not entirely at least. One of the
4 > packages I need to be able to run is Ethereal. Ideally right from the
5 > menu. If you try to run this application without root access you will
6 > not be able to directly access the network interfaces. Needless to say
7 > that is very important for a protocol analyzer. What have you found to
8 > be the best sudo configuration as far as access requirements goes for
9 > a live cd?
10
11 Well, adding a user to livecd/users adds them to wheel. Catalyst by
12 default allows wheel users to sudo without a password. Problem solved.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
17 Games - Developer
18 Gentoo Linux