From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Setting make.conf variables
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:22:03
1 On 1/21/2013 12:38, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 > On 01/21/2013 01:15 PM, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
3 >> I am curious what the correct way to set Portage/make.conf
4 >> variables, besides USE, for building stages is. In particular, I'd
5 >> like to know how to set FEATURES, MAKEOPTS, and
6 >> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS. I've tried setting them in
7 >> /etc/catalyst/catalystrc, but that has the nasty side effect of
8 >> negating entries in portage_confdir/env. Is there a better way to
9 >> set these?
10 >
11 > like this:
12 >
13 > export EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="$(portageq envvar EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS) --jobs"
14 >
15 > you call in the current values and append.
16 >
17 > - -Zero
18 >
19 Okay, but that still doesn't solve the problem of environment variables
20 overriding the per-package settings in /etc/portage/env. I need this
21 because there are a couple of packages that refuse to build with
22 MAKEOPTS other than -j1 or if FEATURES includes distcc. I don't want to
23 have to disable those things to build the whole system, just those
24 couple of packages.
27 ♫Dustin