From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] getting login prompt when generating an install-minimalcd
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 12:29:31
1 Hi. I am trying to generate an installcd-minimal using a recent
2 stage3 and portage snapshot. I am doing this primarily because I want
3 zfs support and using a different version of speakup along with a few
4 other packages.
5
6 Now what happens is that instead of getting a root prompt, as I did
7 last year when I did this, I now get a login prompt and no password I
8 use works. I even typed password=foo in the boot command line and
9 still no joy. What am I doing wrong here, or what has changed that I
10 have to do differently. I am using the releng repository with some
11 modifications.
12
13 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
18 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
19 How do
20 you spend it?
21
22 John Covici