From: Ted Rodgers <trodgers@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] openmosix
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:07:43
1 Afaik, xen tools are only for virtual hosts, which wouldn't help us
2 much. Our lab machines get hit pretty hard by matlab users, so it's not
3 something that would virtualize well. The current setup isn't really
4 clustered at all, it's a rack and lab setup sharing home directories and
5 automounts using NIS. I liked the idea of letting something like
6 openmosix doing workload balancing between machines without having to
7 write wrapper scripts around the jobs.
8
9 The ideal setup would have one machine were students/researchers log
10 into, fire up the process, then have a management tool that determines
11 where it runs. Users logging into random machines to run their jobs
12 means sometimes 5 machines are idle while another machine is heavily
13 loaded. A central login point would also allow us to restrict direct
14 access to all the other machines.
15
16 Ted
22 José Costa wrote:
23 > Well, have you tried with Linux-HA using Xen OCF Resource Agent?
24 >