From: busby@××××××.com
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] High-Availability Howto for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:38:26
2 > You've found a starter on PostgreSQL clustering ??
3 > I'd be most interested, are you sure you don't mean PostgreSQL
4 > replication with slony ????
5 >
6 > I am unaware of any clustering support for postgreSQL but must admit I
7 > haven't looked in over a year.
8 >
9 > Grtz Ramon
12 I think am, these:
13
14 PostgreSQL Replication Packages
15
16 * PGCluster - Multi-master no delay synchronus replication for load
17 sharing or HA. Large objects are now supported.
18 * Slony-I - Master to multi-slave cascading and almost-failover.
19 * DBBalancer - Alpha
20 * pgpool - Connection pooling front end with synchronous replication
21 * PostgreSQL table comparator - rsync for PostgreSQL.
22
23 from my page:
24 http://www.edoceo.com/liber/db-postgresql-replication.php
25
26 I've also only slightly dinked with those projects and am no expert on
27 clustering.
28
29 /djb
32 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list