From: "José Costa" <meetra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Herd split? hac-cluster and hpc-cluster
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:42:28
1 I can give a hand at HAC. I've been putting into production a SLES10
2 HA-Cluster with ocfs2 and I've some free time to help out.
3
4 On 12/11/06, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
5 > Andrew D. Fant wrote:
6 > > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
7 > >> We might benefit from splitting the clustering packages into two
8 > >> separate groups for high-availability and high-performance computing.
9 > >> This will help to keep the bugs a bit cleaner so each group of folks
10 > >> will have a clearer idea of what they need to do.
11 > >>
12 > >> Does anyone else have thoughts on this?
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > It sounds like a good idea. Are there enough developers who would want to go
16 > > with either herd to make it viable?
17 >
18 > Here's the cluster alias:
19 >
20 > azarah
21 > ct
22 > george
23 > dberkholz
24 > pyrania
25 > voxus
26 > iggy
27 > xmerlin
28 > markusle
29 > ribosome
30 >
31 > Of those, I haven't seen azarah, ct, george, pyrania or iggy do anything
32 > lately.
33 >
34 > ha: xmerlin
35 > hpc: dberkholz, voxus, xmerlin, markusle, ribosome
36 > tantive also has metadata for much of the openmosix stuff.
37 >
38 > This pretty clearly shows that we could use extra help for HA packages.
39 >
40 > Thanks,
41 > Donnie
42 > --