From: Mathias Weigt <m.weigt@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo clustering "à la" www.clustermatic.org (PXE booted nodes)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:56:41
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > Mathias Weigt wrote:
7 > | From this I see, that it is a little bit more complicated than just
8 > | exporting a directory containing a Gentoo root filesystem. I'd
9 > | appreciate if you could explain it more in detail or just point to
10 > some
11 > | good resources for reading.
12 >
13 > This is a bit more complicated than things have to be, but it avoids
14 > dealing with the kernel's NFS-root booting and DHCP support, instead
15 > allowing busybox's userland tools to deal with both NFS mounts and DHCP.
16 >
17 > There are no erelevant resources I know of, besides perhaps nfsroot.txt
18 > in kernel source Documentation/.
19
20 this file really "generic"
21
22 > What exactly do you want more detail about?
23
24 "They boot to an initrd containing busybox, then proceed to mount
25 necessary bits from a read-only NFS export and other bits via tmpfs
26 where they need to write, then pivot_root into the new NFS root."
27
28 I'd like like some instructions how to do these things you wrote above.
29 If you don't like to write a huge essay, I don't mind getting it step
30 by step.
31
32 Mathias
33 --