From: Jan Klopper <janklopper@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] lustre
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:25:23
1 Hi,
2
3 Could anyone shed some light on the following questions?
4
5 I have 5 nodes, (running gentoo)
6 265mb ram, 9.1gb 10krpm scsi, (thus, high speed local storage)
7
8 And one Fileserver.
9 512mb, 2x 200gb sata (raid)
10
11 Now, i'd love to be able to host 200gb of files trough the apache's on the
12 nodes,
13 They should cache everything on their local disk (as much as possible), to
14 acchieve HIGH speeds.
15 But they would also need to be able to fetch other files from the slower
16 200gb filesrever.
17
18 Can lustre do this?
19
20 I can build some copy script that places the most often used files on local
21 storage, The rest could then be symlinks to the NFS fileserver but i'd hope
22 there is a better sollution.
23
24 greets
25 Jan