From: Brian Budge <brian.budge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] multithreaded MPI with infiniband (mvapich2?)
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:29:55
1 Hi Bryan -
2
3 Something strange is happening. with --pretend, it seems that the blockage
4 is gone, however, without it, I still get blockage:
5
6 burn openib-userspace # USE=rdma emerge -uDpv openib-mvapich2
7
8 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9
10 Calculating dependencies... done!
11 [ebuild N ] sys-cluster/openib-mvapich2-1.0.1 USE="rdma threads -debug
12 -large-cluster -medium-cluster" 0 kB [1]
13
14 Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB
15 Portage tree and overlays:
16 [0] /usr/portage
17 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/science
18 burn openib-userspace # USE=rdma emerge openib-mvapich2
19 Calculating dependencies... done!
20 [ebuild N ] sys-cluster/openib-mvapich2-1.0.1 USE="rdma threads -debug
21 -large-cluster -medium-cluster"
22 [blocks B ] sys-cluster/openib-mvapich2 (is blocking sys-cluster/openib-
23 userspace-1.2.5.1-r1)
24
25 * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
26 * installed at the same time on the same system.
27
28 For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
29 section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):
30
31 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked
32
33 Sorry to be such a pain!