From: Robert Sanders <rob-lists@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] very new with gentoo
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 13:23:58
1 On Saturday 15 May 2004 06:03 am, AS wrote:
2 > I am very new to gentoo i used Redhat for all my servers for 6 years and
3 > want to migrate gentoo. I have a new project and i am planning to deploy a
4 > Linux Virtual Server as described in www.linuxvirtualserver.com. I know
5 > that linux.com sourceforge.net tuxfamily.org, real.com etc. made LVS
6 > deployment. But i do not know which linux distrubution they use. Is gentoo
7 > reliable for LVS.. Could i take your opinions on this topic..
8 > And if could you give me some of success stories of gentoo..
9
10 I really recommend working with Gentoo for a little while before jumping in
11 both feet. I would subscribe to the mailing lists that apply to your
12 interests, and working with a system that is not critical.
13
14 I have many many redhat machines, I use debian, OpenBSD, and most others on a
15 regular basis. I use gentoo for some of my projects, but its not a one size
16 fits all tool. I think Gentoo is a really positive experience for most
17 people, but make sure you are using it for the right reasons.
18
19 Rob
23 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list