From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo clustering "?? la" www.clustermatic.org (PXE booted nodes)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:11:49
1 Ouch.. that would totally kill us here.
2
3 We have four types of programs:
4 CPU hogs that just eat up cpu time but don't do much with file access
5 or communications.
6 NFS hogs, that load huge files off NFS shares and then process them
7 (We are talking 4TB here)
8 Communication hogs that are chatty as all get out but don't do much
9 with files (GA and such)
10 And scripts that run tons of local commands on data.
13 We had to go with a generic approach. Plus our NFS daemons already
14 get hung pretty easily so we try and reduce the NFS load as much as
15 we can.