From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] examples of (large) Gentoo clusters
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 19:52:55
1 On Dec 2, 2006, at 7:57 PM, Bryan Green wrote:
2
3 > I'd very interested in the different approaches here. I had
4 > thought about a
5 > static portage tree, but that left the problem of getting needed
6 > updates,
7 > especially GLSA's. Your suggested approach sounds very interesting.
8 > How big of an extra administrative burden does that create?
9 > Maintaining our
10 > own version controlled portage tree might be a hard sell. Thanks
11 > for the
12 > script - I'll take a look at it. Is there any documentation out
13 > there about
14 > a static portage tree?
15
16 On gentoo-dev there is a discussion going on about a sort of gentoo
17 stable tree. Chris Gianelloni (if i remember it correctly) stated
18 that he wanted to create a 2007.1 tree with the 2007.1 release and
19 only put security fixes and required packages of security fixes in...
20
21 I did not make it clear: He wants to take a snapshot of the tree when
22 2007.1 will be released and then like above.
23
24 _But_ there are like 50 more unread messages of the thread in my
25 mailbox, so might be this is not true anymore. Look at the gentoo-dev
26 archives.
27
28 Philipp
29 --