From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] OpenAFS with Kerberos 5
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:11:03
1 Does anybody have experience configuring OpenAFS in a already
2 Kerberized environment? I am trying to get the initial configuration
3 going so that user authentication is simple but I can't seem to get
4 it working.
5
6 So far I have setup the bosserver by following the instructions here:
7 http://www.gentoo.ro/doc/en/openafs.xml
8
9 Its a really good document but I don't know how to make the
10 username's map (if thats possible) and I don't know how how to make
11 the afs tokens map to our existing Kerberos tokens.
12
13 My intent is to use OpenAFS on our clusters as a replacement for NFS.
14 When a user logs in they currently get kerberos tokens. It is my
15 understanding that this can be used to authenticate against OpenAFS
16 so they have access to there home directory right after logging in.
17 Am I off base here?
18
19 Anybody have experience with this?
20 --