From: Eric Thibodeau <kyron@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] cfengine with emerge...
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:36:20
1 Alexandre Racine wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi all,
7 > Is there someone here that use cfengine with emerge? The idea would be
8 > to put a new machine in place, run cfengine and all programs would be
9 > emerge just like all the other machines. But how would you do it to
10 > test if the program is installed? The worst thing I can think of is
11 > to “eix program | grep program | grep installed or not” and I don’t
12 > want that J
13 >
14 eix isn't bad and it's the fastest I know. I don't use cfengine so I
15 can't tell you if there are adverse effects to using it with portage.
16 You're maybe just not calling eix in the right way tog et the info you
17 want, here are a few examples:
18
19 *kyron linux-2.6.26-rc5-mm3 # eix -Ic c3
20 *No matches found.*
21 kyron linux-2.6.26-rc5-mm3 # eix -Ic portage*
22 [I] app-portage/portage-utils (0.1.29@04/13/2008): small and fast
23 portage helper tools written in C
24 [I] sys-apps/portage (2.1.4.4@06/11/2008): Portage is the package
25 management and distribution system for Gentoo
26 Found 2 matches.
27 *kyron linux-2.6.26-rc5-mm3 # eix -Ic sys-apps/portage*
28 [I] sys-apps/portage (2.1.4.4@06/11/2008): Portage is the package
29 management and distribution system for Gentoo
34 > Have a nice day.
40 > Alexandre Racine
41 >
42 > alexandre.racine@×××××.org
43 >
44 > 514-461-1300 poste 3304
48 PS: ptêtre que mon projet pourraît t'intéresser:
49 http://soc.gentooexperimental.org/projects/show/gentoo-cluster-seed ;)
50
51 Eric Thibodeau
52 514-736-1436