From: Bryan Green <bgreen@××××××××.gov>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] examples of (large) Gentoo clusters
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:01:26
1 Donnie Berkholz writes:
2 > Bryan Green wrote:
3 > > Donnie Berkholz writes:
4 > >> I guess that means we should get in touch with them to get on the
5 > >> supported systems list. =)
6 > >
7 > > Sounds like a fine idea to me. :)
8 > > I talked to someone there at SC06, but they did not sound terribly open to
9 > > the idea of directing precious resources in that direction. But it would b
10 > e
11 > > great to convince them otherwise.
12 >
13 > We would probably need to show that there are a decent number of places
14 > that would like to (or already do) use Lustre on Gentoo, and would be
15 > interested in paid support. We've now got at least you and SiCortex
16 > using it, but not sure about interest in support from SiCortex. Anyone else?
19 I wonder... They are going to be OS agnostic on the client side when 1.6
20 comes out, because of the "patchless client", i.e. the kernel on the client
21 side does not need to be patched.
22 On the server side, what is missing is a patched gentoo-sources or
23 vanilla-sources kernel. But we know that there is a lustre-kernel ebuild
24 out there. Depending on the issues involved, getting them to support Gentoo
25 may just be a matter of getting them to support the lustre-kernel package.
26
27 -bryan
30 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list