From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Network Booting
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:47:03
1 On 09:31 Fri 25 Jan , Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2 > I remember seeing a demo from yamin at a gentoo UK conference demoing
3 > netbooting with a genkernel kernel
4
5 That's the genkernel-4 code. I've used it for diskless setups and it
6 works quite nicely. It's living on gentooexperimental.org at the moment.
7
8 > We've build a system of catalyst, pxe+grub-netbooting + agaffneys
9 > quick-install + puppet that uses pxe to start bare-metal servers and
10 > bring up to production config in 45 minutes.
11
12 Any chance you could share some puppet configs? It would be great to
13 build a library of Gentoo puppet/cfengine stuff.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie
17 --